World Mental Health Day – Oct. 10
World Mental Health Day is coming up on Tuesday, October 10, and marks the 25th anniversary of this important day. World Federation for Mental Health founded this awareness day in 1992, and people all around the world have been holding events, sharing resources, bringing awareness forward for mental health and celebrating #WorldMentalHealthDay.
Mental Health in the Workplace
Mental health issues have been shown to increase employee absenteeism, lower rates of productivity and increased costs. Let’s take mental health out of the shadows in the work place so that people and companies have the tools to help employees and increase the overall mental well-being of their workforce.
The WMHD 2017 report (pdf) has three sections focused on healthy workplaces and mental health in the workplace. In addition to many helpful resources.
What You Can Do to Celebrate #WorldMentalHealthDay
There are several ways that you can show your support:
- Raise awareness on your social media accounts use the hashtag #WorldMentalHealthDay
- Sign the pledge – Commit your team to do your best at being proactive in promoting:
- Appreciation of employees and workers
- Creating of a supportive environment
- Identification of early signs of burnout
- Creating an organizational culture which reflects value systems and beliefs
- Stress Management
- Building awareness and reducing stigma
- Mental health wellness and providing support for employees who need it