We work in partnership with Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS) and you to develop comprehensive employment plans for people with disabilities, which are customized to meet your needs and desires.
- Assess vocational-employment goals and identify barriers.
- Job readiness guidance – work with you to provide assistance and guidance in the employment process, such as job search methods, on-line applications, resume writing, interviewing skills, and transportation needs.
- Navigate community resources to enhance financial independence and mitigate effects of poverty.
- Guidance as to how employment will effect SSI/SSDI, DHHS, and other benefits you are currently receiving.
- Individual advocacy training and education.
- Information on the latest work incentives offered by social security, and how they can help.
Contact Bill Zimmer – 231.922.0903 ext. 314
JOIN OUR JOB CLUB! April 10 & 24, from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Our job club meets the first* and third* Monday of each month at 3:oo – 4:30 pm at our Traverse City office. This is a free club and is open to individuals of all abilities. We discuss employment related topics, invite guest speakers, conduct mock interviews, learn soft skills, and much more to help you on your path to employment.
Please join us on April 10, and April 24, from 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. at our Traverse City office.
* This month there has been a change in schedule and Job Club will be on the second and fourth Monday of the month.
If you have any questions, or an idea on a topic please contact Bill Zimmer – 231.922.0903 ext.314